Does this describe you?
- Have you been gaining weight, particularly in the hips and thighs?
- Is the weight evenly dispersed between the right and left side of your hips and thighs?
- Have you noticed diets and exercise do not affect the extra weight on your hips and thighs?
- Did the weight gain change after puberty, childbirth or menopause?
- Do your legs swell during the day but are relieved by elevation?
- Can you identify with the shape and size of the hips and legs in this picture?
If you answered yes to one or more of the above questions, you may have a fat disorder called Lipedema. This disease affects over 11% of adult women worldwide.
Many women have been misdiagnosed with general obesity and may not know they actually have a real fat order disease.
It is vital to your ongoing health and treatment to know whether your weight gain originates from Lipedema, another condition that causes weight gain, or general obesity.
The earlier you can be diagnosed the faster you can begin treatment to halt the progression of this painful disease!